Dr. Magoulas DDS, Orthodontist in Shrewsbury, Monmouth County, New Jersey
Dr. Magoulas would like to welcome you to his web site. He has been a practicing Orthodontist in Shrewsbury for 20+ years and was recently selected by NJ Top Docs /Dentists as a NJ Top Orthodontist for the years 2011, 2012, 2103, 2014 and 2015. He prides himself on highly personalized care. He always makes himself accessible for questions or concerns, whether in office or responding to a phone call. He is one-on-one with his patients, explaining that day’s visit, treatment goals, monitoring hygiene, and enhancing motivation.
- Columbia University School of Dental Medicine – Doctorate
- New York Hospital in Queens – General Practice Residency
- Columbia University School of Dental Medicine – Orthodontic Specialty
Awards and Commendations:
- The American Association Of Orthodontists Award For Exceptional Interest In The Development Of The Oral –Facial Complex – Columbia University
- Selected NJ Top Orthodontist – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 by NJ Top Docs/Dentists
- Selected 2017 Top Orthodontist in Monmouth Health & Life Magazine (by his peers)
- Selected 2017 Top Orthodontist/ Orthodontic Office in Monmouth Health & Life Magazine’s “Best Of Monmouth County” edition (by the readers of Monmouth Health & Life)
- Member Of The American Dental Association
- Active Member Of The American Association of Orthodontists
- For many years; has sponsored various teams for different sports as well as Eagle Scout project sponsorship and other leadership/charitable programs.
Dr. Magoulas received a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from Cook College, Rutgers University. While at Rutgers, he was in the Tri Beta Biological Honor Society and served as the President of the Pre Medical Dental Society. He rowed for the Crew team and was involved in a variety of intramural sports.
Dr. Magoulas received his Doctoral degree from the School of Dental Medicine at Columbia University. He was President of the Psi Omega Dental Fraternity during his junior and senior years. At graduation, he received the award for excellence in the area of the Oral-Facial complex from the American Association of Orthodontists. He completed a one year General Practice Dental Residency at New York Hospital Medical Center in Queens (formerly Booth Memorial Medical Center). There he gained additional expertise in general dentistry, oral surgery and pathology, anesthesiology, and operating room and emergency room care.
He continued his Post-Doctoral studies at Columbia University where he completed the two year Orthodontic Specialty program. In this program, he gained experience in all aspects of clinical orthodontics, in addition to knowledge in facial anatomy and skeletal growth patterns. While in the specialty program he completed a clinical orthodontic thesis.
Dr. Magoulas has lectured to Dental Societies and Schools. He is an Active Member of both The American Association of Orthodontists and The American Dental Association.
Dr. Magoulas enjoys golf, working out, going to the beach, music, and spending quality time with his family. He is an avid fan of all Rutgers and Columbia Sporting events. He lives in Monmouth County with his wife and two children.